Car Accident? What Do You Do Now?
Unfortunately, car accidents happen every day in Grand Rapids. Most drivers will be involved in some form of car accident if they drive long enough. While you can’t always prevent an accident from happening, you can manage how the aftermath of the accident plays out and how much stress and disruption it will cause you.
After a Car Accident
Here are the steps you should take if you have been in an accident. They will help you get your vehicle restored and your life back to normal.
- Contact the police to report the accident. If there are any injuries, let the 911 operator know that first.
- Protect the scene of the accident and try to determine the cause.
- Collect information from other vehicle owners involved, including their license and insurance information.
- Obtain witnesses’ names and contact information.
- Contact your insurance company.
- Call Star Collision at (616) 364-6222 in Grand Rapids or Star of Rockford at (616) 866-2640 for roadside assistance and the location nearest you.
- While you are waiting for towing service, gather your information together and remove your belongings from your car.
Your insurance company may try to direct or pressure you to go to their choice of body shop. You should know that you have the right to bring your car to whatever body shop you like to have it repaired. If you do not want your insurance company to decide for you, it’s a good idea to know ahead of time which body shop you want and what their contact information is. It can be overwhelming trying to decide anything after a car accident.
Once you and your car have been transported to Star Collision or Star of Rockford, we will be here to evaluate the damage done to your car, work with your insurance company, and help explain to you what the process is for returning your car to its pre-accident condition. We can provide you with a rental car if you need one too.
A car accident is always bad news. It damages your vehicle and it causes you stress and disruption. It doesn’t have to ruin your life or even your week, though. Star’s technicians know how to fix the damage of a collision and do it quickly and without further hassle so you and your car can get back on the road. We stand by our work, and we are proud of our reputation in the Greater Grand Rapids community. We hope that you will not have a car accident, but if you do, help is only one phone call away.
Contact us today.
Get in touch today for a fast, confidential quote – free of charge.